Designer: Yetta White
SmallRig Cage for Sony A6500/A63001889
SmallRig Cage 1889 is exclusively designed for Sony A6500/A6300.
1. The cage is equipped with an integrated cold shoe on the left of the top for Magic Arm 1497 and then monitor, and it could attach Cold Shoe 1241 for microphone or magic arm on the right of the top.
2. NATO rail on the top could attach NATO Handle 1955 for handheld shooting and is compatible with XLR adapter; NATO rail on the right side could attach EVF Mount 1594 for monitor.
3. It features Arca Swiss QR plate at the bottom with an array of 1/4’’ threaded holes compatible with quick release plates of different standards and one 3/8’’ threaded hole compatible with C stand.
4. Arri locating point could attach Magic Arm 2026 for monitor.
5. Wooden Handgrip 1970 could be mounted on the cage via 3 M4 threaded holes to provide a better gripping experience.
SmallRig Cage 1889 fits the camera perfectly and locks the camera via 1/4'' screw at the bottom and a M2.5 screw on the right side. It is equipped with NATO rail on the top for NATO Handle 1955 for handheld shooting and is compatible with XLR adapter, and its integrated cold shoe could attach Magic Arm 1497 for monitor. Cold Shoe 1241 could be mounted on the top of cage for DIY options. Arca Swiss QR plate at the bottom could directly drop in to Arca Baseplate 1934 directly, and an array of 1/4’’ threaded holes at the bottom could attach quick release plates of different standards and one 3/8’’ threaded hole is compatible with C stand. The NATO rail on the right side could attach EVF Mount 1594 for monitor, and 1/4’’ threaded holes on the left side could be attached with HDMI Lock to protect HDMI cable. Wooden Handgrip 1970 could be mounted on the cage to provide a better gripping experience. A 1/4’’ threaded hole on the top left is utilized to attach 15mm Rods 1590 for wireless follow focus.
1 x Cage 1889
1 x M2.5 Screw
1 x Hex Spanner
Product Dimensions: 138x49.5x84.5 mm
Net Weight: 144g
Package Size: 183x100x60 mm
Material(s): Aluminum Alloy
This Cage is perfect for anyone looking to protect his A6500, and price is realy ok. Its an obvious winner.
I've enjoyed this product a lot. Feels alright to grip handheld, seems to provide the protection it should. Some minor design flaws, like the fact that it's slightly more difficult to operate the C1 and C2 buttons, and if a microphone such as the Røde VideoMic Pro is attached to the cage's cold shoe, it becomes pretty much impossible. Microphones can of course be mounted on the camera hot shoe instead. The cage is well clear of the battery hatch, however it's slightly more difficult to pull the SD card out as there's less space for your fingers. This is a great product for those looking to build a more professional camera package out of the a6500. It makes the camera look a lot larger and tougher, which can be nice with some clients. Overall very happy.
Solid mount and the perfect addition to the a6500. The Arca-Swiss integration is what sold me and so glad I got it.
Another great cage from Smallrig.